IWI US Inc., Firearms manufacturer, located in Middletown is looking for a motivated and reliable worker to join our team. CNC Machinist must be capable of programming. Produces machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine for turning centers and multi-Axis mills; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Ability to read engineering prints. Work from travelers, and verbal instruction.
- Have the ability to program mills and lathes Comfortable with all aspects of CNC process set-ups, in-process adjustments, proving out new part programs, fluent with machine shop mathematics.
- Conceptualize and develop fixtures.
- Knowledgeable of first-run part process, and sample work pieces; adhering to applicable quality, engineering and GD&T standards.
- Review, understand, and complete all required documentation that accompanies work assignments (including travelers/data packages)
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Possess a dedicated work ethic to expedite all assigned tasks through the department within the guidelines of the Quality Policy and Quality Procedures.
- Maintain a clean, organized work environment through weekly and daily 5-S activities.
- Maintain all required tools, measuring tools to support departmental work assignments.
- Perform assigned jobs efficiently, with minimal errors and high-quality workmanship.
- Communicate defects, issues, and concerns with supervisor; seeks guidance/instruction as needed.
- Adhere to attendance/punctuality standards.
- Work overtime as required to meet production deadlines.
- Follow all company policies, procedures, standard operating procedures, and safety protocols.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
Education/Experience: High school diploma or equivalency (GED) and three (3) years’ experience of setting up, programming, and operating CNC mills and lathes. Vocational or technical training is a preferred.
- Attention to detail.
- Safety and quality focus.
- Work individually or as a team; willing to cross-train as necessary.
- Experience in machining of complex, close tolerance components.
- Ability to read/interpret blueprints, layouts, drawings, and instructions.
- Knowledge of Geometric Tolerances, (ANSI-Y 14.5) drawing interpretation and math.
- Knowledge of Cad Cam software products
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software to complete reports and logs.
- Maintain a positive attitude and possess team approach.
- Willing to perform repetitive tasks while sitting or standing for extended periods of time.
IWI US Inc., offers competitive benefits plans for benefit eligible employees:
- Paid Time Off
IWI US Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
All candidates who receive an offer of employment will be required to undergo a background check and drug testing.
Interested applicants should submit a resume to email@example.com