IWI US, Inc. is seeking to add a Manufacturing/Mechanical Engineer with a background and thorough understanding of CNC machining milling & operations to help us implement, improve, and maintain manufacturing processes that result in high-quality products.
The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of small arms, tool/fixture design and fabrication methods relative to the metals industry. Other necessary manufacturing engineer skills will include project management, commitment to quality, and familiarity with safety and environmental standards. Familiarity with ISO 9001 & AS9100 standards are preferred but not necessary to the right individual.
Ultimately, your objectives are to ensure our production lines work efficiently and effectively to satisfy our valued customers.
- Plan, conceptualize, and create mechanical designs for new firearm products
- Develop testing processes, and perform testing and validation of new designs
- Perform engineering calculations to support design work
- Create and review technical drawings, plans, and specifications using computer software
- Perform detailed documentation to track project development and design process
- Evaluate manufacturing processes based on quality criteria, such as efficiency and speed
- Study production and machine requirements
- Develop and test effective automated and manual systems
- Design and install equipment
- Organize and manage manufacturing workflows and resources
- Integrate disparate systems (e.g. equipment handling, transport)
- Optimize facility layouts, production lines, machine operations and network performance (Continuous Improvement)
- Create and implement Standard Operation Procedures and Work Instructions as appropriate to IWI US, Inc. Operations.
- Resolve issues and delays in production
- Find ways to reduce costs and maximize quality
- Train staff in new and existing processes
- Collaborate with other engineers, contractors, and suppliers
- Ensure that manufacturing procedures follow safety and environmental regulations
- Upgrade systems and processes with new technology ideals
Skill Set & Requirements:
- Previous experience as a manufacturing engineer with a firearms company preferred
- CNC Lathe & Mill
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, fabrication methods and tool design
- Familiarity with manufacturing equipment and quality assurance techniques
- Commitment to health and safety standards and environmental regulations
- Experience using CAD software such as SolidWorks, AutoCAD, or similar
- Well-versed in MS Office
- Project management skills
- Problem-solving ability
- Teamwork skills – Must be self-motivated and a great team worker
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or in a related field
- 2-5 years of experience working in engineering
- Firm grasp of engineering concepts, and experience designing mechanical systems and products
- Excellent math skills: ability to apply advanced mathematical principles and statistics to solve problems (SPC)
- Exceptional technical and problem-solving skills and reasoning ability
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly
- Familiarity with the firearm sector is preferred
IWI US Inc. offers competitive benefits:
- Paid Time Off
All interested candidates, please send your resume to email@example.com.
IWI US is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates must pass a pre-employment background check and a drug test.