IWI US Inc., a Firearms Manufacturer located in Middletown is looking for a motivated Accounting Assistant to join our growing team. The Accounting Assistant performs routine accounting activities such as maintenance of general ledger, preparation of statements and reports with a focus on accounts receivable. This position will be responsible for processing customer billing and invoicing in addition to responding in a timely manner to customer invoicing inquires and escalating issues as required.
- Creates invoices according to company practices; submits invoices to customers.
- Track and facilitate payments for employee purchases following company procedures and guidelines.
- Maintains and updates customer files, including name or address changes, mergers, or mailing attentions.
- Drafts correspondence for standard past-due accounts and collections, identifies delinquent accounts by reviewing files, and contacts delinquent accountholders to request payment.
- Creates reports regarding the current status of customer accounts as requested.
- Research customer discrepancies and past-due amounts and communicates concerns to the Finance Manager when identified.
- Collaborates with the Accountant to reconcile accounts receivable on a periodic (at least bimonthly) basis.
- Assists in generating invoices/billing statements based on the allocation.
- Assists Accountant and Finance Manager in reconciling revenue accounts each month.
- Copies, files, and retrieves materials for accounts receivable as needed.
- Relays changes of information to appropriate employees.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and Qualifications:
Associates or Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, with a minimum of two (2) years of experience; OR a high school diploma or equivalent with five (5) years of experience.
IWI US Inc., offers competitive benefits plans for benefit eligible employees:
- Paid Time Off
This is a nonexempt position starting at $17.50 per hour.
Interested applicants can apply by submitting their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
IWI US is an equal opportunity employer.
All candidates who receive an offer of employment will be required to undergo a background check and drug testing.