IWI US Inc., Firearms manufacturer, located in Middletown is looking for a motivated and reliable worker to join our team. The Lead CNC Machinist must be capable of programming. Produces machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine for turning centers and multi-Axis mills; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies. This role will be responsible for managing a section of our machining operations.
- Ability to read engineering prints. Work from travelers, and verbal instruction.
- Have the ability to program mills and lathes Comfortable with all aspects of CNC process set-ups, in-process adjustments, proving out new part programs, fluent with machine shop mathematics.
- Conceptualize and develop fixtures.
- Knowledgeable of first-run part process, and sample work pieces; adhering to applicable quality, engineering and GD&T standards.
- Review, understand, and complete all required documentation that accompanies work assignments (including travelers/data packages)
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Possess a dedicated work ethic to expedite all assigned tasks through the department within the guidelines of the Quality Policy and Quality Procedures.
- Maintain a clean, organized work environment through weekly and daily 5-S activities.
- Maintain all required tools, measuring tools to support departmental work assignments.
- Perform assigned jobs efficiently, with minimal errors and high-quality workmanship.
- Communicate defects, issues, and concerns with supervisor; seeks guidance/instruction as needed.
- Adhere to attendance/punctuality standards.
- Work overtime as required to meet production deadlines.
- Follow all company policies, procedures, standard operating procedures, and safety protocols.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
Education/Experience: High school diploma or equivalency (GED) and three (3) years’ experience of setting up, programming, and operating CNC mills and lathes. Vocational or technical training is a preferred.
- Attention to detail.
- Safety and quality focus.
- Work individually or as a team; willing to cross-train as necessary.
- Experience in machining of complex, close tolerance components.
- Ability to read/interpret blueprints, layouts, drawings, and instructions.
- Knowledge of Geometric Tolerances, (ANSI-Y 14.5) drawing interpretation and math.
- Knowledge of Cad Cam software products
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software to complete reports and logs.
- Maintain a positive attitude and possess team approach.
- Willing to perform repetitive tasks while sitting or standing for extended periods of time.
IWI US is an equal opportunity employer.
All candidates who receive an offer of employment will be required to undergo a background check and drug testing.